Yesterday I worked that morning shift at the post office which requires me to take the mail truck down to the main post office and pick up the day's incoming mail.
My co-worker Mellissa Wise was with me and due to the somewhat crappy roads we took the alternate route back to the school so as to avoid any trouble going the normal was which involves a hill.
As we start to pull away from a stop sign (that we abviously stopped at) the truck wouldn't move. I put it in reverse, back into drive and tried to drive forward again but nothing. I did this several times before I finally gave up and told Mellissa to get in the driver's seat and push on the gas while I got out and tried to push. Well the moment I stepped out of the truck I slipped and gripped the door of the truck so that I didn't fall. I finally made it to the back of the truck and started to push as Mellissa pushed on the gas. It did no good as my shoes had no traction and I was just sliding everywhere.
A few minutes later a man in a blue pick up stopped, hooked chains up to the mail truck and pulled off of the ice as Mellissa and I laughed uncontrollaby. What an incredible start to a day.
5 comments:
oh man that sucks. stupid mail truck.
that thing is a beast of burden.
I enjoyed that story very much. I'm glad you got a laugh out out of it as well :)
That's so funny. I can totally see you doing that. haha. I wish I could have been there.
I wish I could have seen that... Hilarious!
Post a Comment