Tuesday, October 28, 2008

No Go

About a week and a half ago I auditioned to sing the national Anthem at a Jazz game. I got my rejection letter yesterday :) Oh well, one more thing to put under my belt.

I also auditioned on Friday for Kurt Bestor's "Best Singer in Utah" competition down in St. George. I won't know anything until the end of next month however as he is still doing more auditions at the north end of the state. Some of you might be thinking, "why does he keep setting himself up for rejection?" I however don't see it as rejection but as experience and growing opportunities and for people to hear my voice.

I started private voice lessons today, (woot! It's been almost 4 years since my last one) and I learned more in the hour today than I have ever before. My vocal coach is actually male this time which I think will be very beneficial for me in the long run.

If anyone knows of any opportunities for me to use my voice PLEASE let me know! The more use it gets the stronger it will get and the more comfortable I will be performing infront of crowds.

8 comments:

JaMiEj said...

I don't think you're setting yourself up for rejection. No one should think that way, that's just silly. You're doing awesome! Keep at it! And I will let you know if I hear of any competitions. Good luck! You're amazing!!

Janell R. Cropper said...

I don't think you're setting yourself up for rejection either. I think it's Darrell's grandma who used to say something about how success is so much better after you've experience failure. Each time you're just getting better and better, and success will be oh so much sweeter when it gets here!

Janell R. Cropper said...

P.S. Even David Arculeta got rejected from the Jazz when he first auditioned to sing at a game.

Katelyn said...

I agree. You have an awesome voice, Andrew. I always loved to hear you sing. I'm glad you are keeping at it!

CJ Armstrong said...

you can come sing for Bri and I anytime!! Keeo up the great work. :) Much Love

Tammy said...

Andrew-
I'm so glad you have such a great attitude about it! And I am so glad you finally want to use your beautiful voice!
Love you!
Mom

Tom & Mellissa Lasslo said...

So, I was at a Grizzlies game last weekend and decided you should try out to sing for them!! It would be a lot more fun to watch the game after than the Jazz...(More Fights!!!) LOL...I sure do miss seeing you!

Miranda W. said...

I have yearbook pictures of Kurt Bestor (my mom went to HS with him) if you need blackmail to get in.....