Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Break 2008

Oh what fun it is to drive?.... On Monday the 17th (Happy St. Patrick's Day!) Me along with 15 others left Cedar City @ approximately 4:30 in the morning to start our journey to Ensanada Mexico! We were all so excited to finally be leaving because we had all been anticipating it for weeks on end!

There were four car loads of us (my car was one of them) and we all stayed together until the border...The plan was to "stay together as best as possible once we get across the border. If we get separated just meet at the Walmart in Ensanada". Well let me tell you how well we stayed together once we got across the border. We all immediately got separated. So me and the girls that were in my car drove around Tijuana for like 45 minutes trying to find the road to Ensanada and we were getting SOOO lost! We finally found a main road and asked a guy how to get there and then had to buy churros from him because he gave us directions. Gotta love it.

We reach Ensanada two hours later and now have to find the Walmart so we drive around for like another 30 minutes trying to find it. We then pull over and ask a man (who doesn't speak English) Where the Walmart and and he said (in very broken English) "go three blocks and turn left". We went three blocks and turned left and what is ahead of us? Waldo's Mart. We all started laughing histarically!!! (Mind you I was stressed to the max at this point)

Later on we found a woman who spoke English and she told us where the Walmart (not Waldo's Mart) was and we soon arrived! The crazy thing is that everyone else showed up at the same time! Coincidence? I think not.

We bought all of our food and then journeyed on our way to the house which was HUGE!!! Three stories right on the beach! Five bedrooms, four bathrooms, a huge kitchen, and did I mention right on the beach?! Haha.

I had the time of my life with building sea creatures out of sand to shopping at the flea market to going clubbing (which was SUPER fun by the way!) to a boat ride, etc.

The night we went clubbing was quite the adventure itself. A couple of girls in our group had gone the night before to find out where we could go, and when they went the people didn't ask for ID's. When we went the next night everyone was asking for ID's and of course none of us had ours. So we walked around for probably a half hour or so looking for a place to go, and we found a staircase in a club called Mango Mango which lead to a bar upstairs that had a dance floor. When we arrived there was one couple on the dance floor...lame...so we all went up on and got our freak on and by the end of the night that place was one hoppin' party! Just leave it to us Americans. :)



Anywho...I posted some pictures of the trip. Enjoy!







The Blowhole (it had no gasolina)





The Boob cup!





The Sea Turtle that Kim and I made





The Shark that Trent and Len made


The Octopus that Andy and Ashley made

5 comments:

Christie said...

uh... please tell me you didn't buy that cup... lol that looks like a blast Andrew! Lucky!

Topher and Carma said...

That looks like it was so much fun, I am so jealous. It was fun chatting the other night, sorry we didn't get to finish and I didn't call you back. It was so great though...talking and laughing and all. I love the pictures.

Katelyn said...

That's awesome and it looks like you had a great time. I was laughing through your whole story. I love the part about Waldo's Mart. Hilarious!! I love Mexicans! haha.

Anonymous said...

PLEASE tell me you bought the boob cup! lol.

Naomi said...

Those sand creatures are great! But I have to say it's spelled "Encinada". Sorry that was driving me crazy. My husband gets annoyed with me correcting his spelling all the time so I decided to annoy someone else with it too. ;)