Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy 50th Mom!

About a month ago my dad sat me down and said "what is your choice of work in life?" and I said "I'm going to be a wedding planner." He said "correct. You are in charge of your mother's 50th birthday party." And so I went to work. for the next three weeks I ordered the cake, ordered the food, got decorations ready, got plates, cups, napkins, forks, etc. and proceeded to put it all together in my head.

The weekend of the party, we had Brianna call Mom and tell her that she wanted to take her out to dinner for her birthday. This was quite an excellent ploy to get her out of the house so I could get the house ready for the party.

The day of her party rolled around and from the moment I rolled out of bed it was go go go to get everything done. I went to a local department store earlier in the week and borrowed a few mannequins so that I could put her wedding dress, flag team uniforms, and the dress she wore in her engagement pictures on display. I also set up a table in our music room with framed pictures of Mom from age 1 to 2o. I lined both sides of the stairs with black and white balloons put balloons all through out the house.

The outside of the house was also decorated with black and white ribbon, balloons, tissue paper balls, and I had Dad line the sidewalk to the front door with clear lights.

All in all it was an awesome party and I proved to myself that I am going to be awesome at my career. Thanks to everyone who came!

The Cake

The Dresses

Mom through the years


The food table

4 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

So awesome! I much rather would've been there than in a car for 15 hours that day! Good work!

The Rasmussens said...

That was SUCH a great looking party. Looks like you've found your calling in life. You did a great job.

DeFreese said...

awesome!

Katelyn said...

That is AWESOME Andrew! Excellent work! I'm a fan!